Friday, February 5, 2010

Does it mean anything if your fingernails start growing deep ridges?

A friend of mine's fignernails started growing ridges on her left hand, they kinda look like they have dried glue on them, does that mean anything?Does it mean anything if your fingernails start growing deep ridges?
it could be any number of things, i jammed my upper knuckle once and ever since, my fingernail has grown out funny (one side looks cracked but really isn't). also, as you age, the ridges in your fingernails become more pronounced. she could also be low on vitamin E. Gelatin helps with nail and hair growth, there are some nail hardening polishes out there with gelatin in it. I've noticed improvement in my nails when I've used that and also when I have a better balanced diet (more fruits and veggies and protein).Does it mean anything if your fingernails start growing deep ridges?
Yes, it's a sign of a vitamin deficiency. Sorry, I don't remember which, but I'm sure you can find it on the Internet.
yes





its called (onycholysis) and its seen in psoriasis.


thats if the expression (deep ridges) is accurate.


iron deficiency can cause a variety of nail abnormalities, but nothing so dramatic.(brittle,spoon shaped nails for example)





lead poisoning causes nail pitting.





liver disease causes yellowing of the nails.





some fungal infections (tinea unguum) cause brown discoloration.





see the link it has pictures and description of the disease possibly giving every presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment