Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why does my 7 1/2 month old baby have vertical ridges on her fingernails?

My daughter has ridges on most of her fingernails. They were not like this when she was born but over the last month I have noticed them. They are vertical but sort of diaganoly vertical if that makes sense. They seem to come from the middle third of the nail bed then as you get to the tip of the nail they spread out. I've googled it but it most of the results were about them happening in old age...Any answers would be appreciated. xxWhy does my 7 1/2 month old baby have vertical ridges on her fingernails?
sometimes this is normal but it can also be an indication of a vitamin deficiency.





I would call her pediatrician and discuss it w/him or her first. they will let you know if she needs to be evaluated.Why does my 7 1/2 month old baby have vertical ridges on her fingernails?
I have heard about this yet I cannot recall exactly what kind but I believe it is a nutritional/vitamin deficiency.


I would recommend asking the child's doctor.
I think I have those same ridges, and I've had them for as long as I can remember looking at my hands! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about... :)
Kids nails are usually weak and flimsy, break easily and usually don't have to be cut as they break off themselves. I have these ridges on my nails and I have had them as long as I can remember, my nails break really easily too. I don't think it is a big thing to worry about, but if it concerns you next check up with a Doc or health worker ask them and see what they say about it.
I think it has something to do with the thyroid . There is a holistic practitioner here that says often times the heavy metals in vaccines can cause thyroid disfunction I also agree that it could be a vitamin defiency. This is just what I've determined many people have the ridges and after detoxing their system and taking a good calcium supplement they have dissappeared . There are chelating lotions for babies to rid there systems of mercury aluminum and so on you can get the baby tested . Here they use a darfield microscope. Very neat procedure b/c you can actually get the results that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment