Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When I paint a door I get little ridges in the paint.?

My problem is that I want to make these doors look as smooth as possible. They are metal and for indoor use. My question is if I use some mineral spirits or something to cut the paint(oil-based) would that help get rid of these little ridges?When I paint a door I get little ridges in the paint.?
it will help some, but all you are doing is kinda like watering the paint down. If it is your house no big deal, if you are doing this for someone it is the wrong way of doing it, you really just need a good paint brush and a small nap roller head. the smaller the roller head nap size the better, I have found that a 1/4 inch nap works the best for doors and door frames... Also keep plenty of paint on your brush and roller when painting...When I paint a door I get little ridges in the paint.?
I painted an old fridge for a customer with one of those foam rollers that resemble a tampon, I warmed the paint by immersing it in boiling water, and rolled it on, it dried quickly , and had the appearance of having been sprayed.


Concerning the ridges , suggest rubbing them out with 3M wet-or-dry paper and cold water, it can be labor intensive rubbing, but the results are professional.
Ask your paint supplier if they sell Flowtrol, or Penetrol.


These are made specifically for this purpose.


(one is for latex, one is for alkyd)





Pull the pins and lay the door flat, use a short -nap roller, or a top-quality brush, and the lines will flow-out.


Paint in the shade, and (like sex) keep it wet, and keep it moving!!
oh darn. im sorry.


but your not doing it right. see a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment