Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What causes the ridges on nails to form? Is it a nutrient deficiency?

More recently I have been developing ridges on my nails. I have had them in the past but not as bad as I have them now. I have a healthly diet and I don't smoke - is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it?What causes the ridges on nails to form? Is it a nutrient deficiency?
Ridges or (corruguations) in nails occur when nail growth is uneven, usually because of illness or injury. Gentle buffing can minimize ridges. Try a Ridge Filler to help level the nail surface, making shallow ridges and other imperfections practically disappear while conditioning with Calcium and Pro-Vitamin B5.





Hope this helps! ~What causes the ridges on nails to form? Is it a nutrient deficiency?
I always heard it was from a deficiency of B- complex vitamins. If I was you I would take a good multiple that has everything in it plus minerals like calcium, zinc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment