Friday, February 5, 2010

Can I use painter's caulk to fill in ridges in paneling?

I have been painting the paneling in my dining and living room. I have been using drywall mud to fill in the ridges, but the sanding makes a huge mess. I'm wondering if I can use painter's caulk instead to cut down on the amount of dust from sanding. Can painter's caulk even be sanded? I've never used it.Can I use painter's caulk to fill in ridges in paneling?
No,... caulking can't be sanded... .but if you use thinned down drywall mud , a wider knife, and long smooth strokes you really shouldn't need to do much sanding to it. If you are making a ridge, hump,bump..etc with the drywall you are putting it on too thick.





Another suggestion over sanding the drywall mud is a damp sponge after the ';mud'; is about 90% dry it will smooth out the high and low spots.





';Durhams Rock Hard Water Putty'; is something else I have patched paneling with. It doesn't seem to fill the whole room with dust like drywall when sanded.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment